I am just so happy to have my second Liebster Award courtesy of the sweet Kelly of Write. Eat. Read. Repeat. I was just a 5-day old blogger when I had my first nomination courtesy of another sweet being named paperjasmine.
For those who do not know Liebster Award, it is a blog award given by a blogger to his/her co-bloggers. Am I clear here? 🙂 This award’s idea is to let new bloggers be known to other writers around the World Wide Web.
The simple rules are:
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you
- Answer their 11 questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers and link them
- Have your nominees answer your 11 questions
- Notify nominees through social media
So before I nominate new bloggers, I would answer Kelly of Write. Eat. Read.‘s questions to me first! Here it goes:
- Who is your favorite fictional couple? As a Nicholas Sparks fan, it is quite hard for me to pick just one couple, plus the new loveable love teams from my new fave authors like Rainbow Rowell and Don Tillman. But I have to name a couple so, i’ll pick Theresa and Garrett of Message in a Bottle. Theresa is a writer by profession while Garrett is a writer by heart. Their story is heartbreaking but Garrett’s words through his letters in a bottle are just so sweet and heart-melting.
- What do you most look forward to about the summertime? That would be the getaways with my fambam or with my awesome friends! May it be a beach escapade or just random food crawl.
- What is your favorite childhood book? I would admit that I am not a book worm until I was 15 so I cannot recall a book that I love from my childhood days. Though when I was a teacher, that was my first job, I come to like the children’s book “The Very Hungry Caterpillar.”
- Who is one person, living or dead, that you would love to meet? Nicholas Sparks, Mitch Albom, Allison Harvard, Tyra Banks, Bae Yong Joon! Oh, there’s a lot! Sorry I can’t select one. 🙂
- What is your favorite book of the year so far? I have read more than 20 books for this year so far and it is quite hard to select just one. So I would have to just say my Top 3. That would be Still Alice by Lisa Genova, (my short thoughts about this book is here), Stupid is Forever by Miriam Defensor Santiago (my thoughts are here and here) and Never Never by Colleen Hoover (my thought are here).
- What are the top three places you would love to travel to? Oh this is easy! That would be Nami Island in Korea, Amalfi Coast in Italy and Vaadhoo Island in Maldives.
- What is a genre of book that you would like to read more of, but haven’t yet? Uhm, I read the genre that I like to read, inspirational, mysteries, a bit of romance and a bit of YAs. That’s it.
- Who is your favorite new author? For new authors I like Rainbow Rowell, Colleen Hoover, Lisa Genova, Don Tillman and John Green. For all-time writers I love Nicholas Sparks for romance. Mitch Albom for inspirational. Lis Wiehl and James Patterson for mystery and crime. Kiera Cass and Stephenie Meyer for YAs. 🙂
- What’s a perfect day look like to you? Coffee and cheesecake plus a good book! ❤
- What movies are you most looking forward to that are book adaptions? I am really hoping the there will be a movie adaptation for The Selection series by Kiera Cass and of course the books by Nicholas and Mitch. As well as Paper Towns by John Green.
- What is one book/series that you love so much that you try to get all of your friends to read? Oh that’s Twilight and The Selection!
Whew! I’m done! Thanks for the awesome questions Kelly of Write. Eat. Read. Repeat. 🙂
It’s my turn to nominate so here are the awesome blogs worth following!
- Brittany Marie reads
- Once upon a bookshelf
- The amazing life of a bookworm
- Rein reads
- A novel life for me
- The world according to Lainey
- Veni. Vidi. Scripsi.
- Maeve reads. Maeve writes.
- The literature life
- Hard work boulevard
My questions for you guys! (There are some cliches here. Forgive me. ~)
1. Describe yourself in ONE word.
2. When and why did you start blogging?
3. Who influenced you to read?
4. Who is that ONE person that you look up to? Why?
5. Where’s your favorite place when you’re reading?
6. What’s the perfect pair for a book, is it coffee or tea?
7. Name three authors that you have read almost all their books? (Consider authors that you have read more than 5 novels.)
8. Aside from writing and reading, name one activity that you do most of the time?
9. What’s your favorite song lyric?
10. If you are not you, who would you want to be? (Real person here folks!)
11. What is the best quote that you have read? (Please include the name of the book and author)
Looking forward in hearing from your guys!
Let’s spread the blog-love!