Among the several authors I admire, I have two who have never failed to stir something inside me whenever I read their work. They are Mitch Albom, author of Tuesdays with Morrie, and Maya Angelou, the poetess and writer behind I Know Why the Caged Birds Sings.
The Artsy Reader’s Top Ten Tuesday this week allows us to ask questions to our favorite authors, either still here with us or not, so below are mine.
- Why do you or did you write?
- What time of the day do you usually write?
- Agatha Christie munched on apples while bathing to have plot ideas, do you have a way to call for your “muse”?
- Have you encountered writer’s block? How did you overcome it?
- Who among the characters you’ve written do you see yourself the most?
- What is the first novel or poem you’ve read?
- Who are your writing influences?
- What makes a powerful read?
- What is the most important lesson that you want to impart to your readers?
- How can a writer affect their readers as well as you do?
That would be all. Looking forward to reading your TTTs, too!
©2020 Rosemawrites@A Reading Writer. All Rights Reserved.
Photos via The Artsy Reader and Google
“Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.” ― Louis L’Amour
My mind’s once a desert,
barren and wordless,
until it found its oasis,
with these writing wells:
Personal and Lists Posts
Inspiration for: Agony (first post) and Ending Agony.
Inspiration for: Dear Mitch Albom: A Ronsardian Ode*, Top Ten Quotes I Loved From The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom, Things I’ve Learned from Mitch Albom.
Inspiration for: Ten Books to Read if you Love Nicholas Sparks, The Best Novels of Nicholas Sparks Part 1 and Part 2.
Fiction and Poetry
Inspiration for: First Time, My Soul Sings, Fixer.
Inspiration for: Seasons: Epilogue (last part of my FIRST-ever fiction), Used To Be Mine, City Lights, Sweet Sun.
Inspiration for: To my cook, hair cutter and one and only driver, Nanay, Mother’s Choices, First Forever, Stead, Rainbow Roof, Six Sibs.
Inspiration for: Soulmates.
Inspiration for: Dearest, First Poem, A Senryu for MJ, Conversations, One, The Vow, Taught.
Photo credits: Unsplash
Chapter 5.1– People Who Inspired You
Thank you for a thought-inducing prompt, Jartagnan! And for hosting this awesome list, Laduchessederat! ❤