Among the several authors I admire, I have two who have never failed to stir something inside me whenever I read their work. They are Mitch Albom, author of Tuesdays with Morrie, and Maya Angelou, the poetess and writer behind I Know Why the Caged Birds Sings.
The Artsy Reader’s Top Ten Tuesday this week allows us to ask questions to our favorite authors, either still here with us or not, so below are mine.
- Why do you or did you write?
- What time of the day do you usually write?
- Agatha Christie munched on apples while bathing to have plot ideas, do you have a way to call for your “muse”?
- Have you encountered writer’s block? How did you overcome it?
- Who among the characters you’ve written do you see yourself the most?
- What is the first novel or poem you’ve read?
- Who are your writing influences?
- What makes a powerful read?
- What is the most important lesson that you want to impart to your readers?
- How can a writer affect their readers as well as you do?
That would be all. Looking forward to reading your TTTs, too!