Jade: Do you feel it? The beautiful lights, the easy smiles, and the hint of magic in the air that always makes the holiday season one to remember.
Instead of choosing from one of the classic Christmas songs, I’m offering lyrics this week from a song that’s a little quirkier. To everyone still scrambling for that perfect Christmas gift, I hope this song is a reminder that the perfect Christmas gift is something money can never buy.
Happy Holidays to all of you, my dear friends! I wish you all a season of contagious laughter, unconditional love, and magic to last a lifetime.
PROMPT: Humbug – Owl City
I’m ready to wrap that perfect Christmas gift
But I haven’t found it yet
‘Cause I don’t have a clue what to get you
So I’ll give you my heart, I hope it’ll do
- Share a poem, story, or photo inspired by this week’s song-lyrics-prompt. You can share something you created that was inspired directly by the lyrics or you can share other pieces that coincidentally fit the prompt (for ex: an old piece of yours, or one of a beloved blogger – with permission).
- Linkback/create a pingback to this post. Here is a quick tutorial on how to do it.
- Tag your post with MondayMorningMelts, so we and your co-bloggers will be able to read/see your take on the prompt. Here’s how you create tags.
- Most important of all, read and comment to your blogger friends (old and new found, we’ll never know). 😉
There are no word limits and no restrictions except to stay true to the theme. Creating a brand new post in response to the prompt is also optional.
The goal isn’t to create new content, but rather to share pieces that melt the heart, tickle the soul, and brighten up a typically gloomy Monday. That’s why if you already have a piece that fits this week’s lyrics, or if you have a fellow blogger whose piece you want to share (with their permission), you are more than welcome to do so!
MONDAY MORNING MELTS #5: FEATURES
Because These Bloggers Created Something Beautiful With The Prompt:
- Michnavs – In Between
- Ladyleemanila – Faraway
- Ramblings of a Writer – One Sweet Love
- Jade M. Wong – What We Could Be
- A Reading Writer – Solitary Suicide
Because These Melts Are Timeless & Deserve To Be Shared:
These features sections are compiled Sunday so if we missed you, please let us know in the comments, and leave a link to your post. We’ll update our features asap!
Here are the lyrics for the rest of December:
- Monday Dec. 26: The Script – Never Seen Anything “Quite Like You”
When it’s right it’s more than right
Cause you feel it more than feel
I could take this moment now
Right into the grave with me