Hello my lovelies!!!
FLYTIP: Introduce yourself! || Tell the world about you and your awesome blog!
It has been sooo long when I updated my about page but it is mostly the same!
I am a millenial. A Journalism graduate from the Philippines. I aspire to be a news writer of a prestigious national daily newspaper someday. (though this part might be changing a bit….)
I was a Content Writer in an e-commerce website and a writer in a local newspaper in my province when I started this blog.
Now, I am a PR Writer in a Public Relations firm. I am now, indeed, a WRITER. (Update: I am now a PR Associate.)
This blog is a leap of courage towards a better writing career that I dream of having someday.
THE BLOG’s NAME:
A Reading Writer is a result of a random thought that struck me when I was thinking of a blog name.
I do not want to try hard, thus, I resort to a simple phrase that constitutes my prominent interests, reading and writing.
It should have been A Reading Writer Who Sings because I am a singer as well, but I thought that would be too long.
I choose the article ‘A’ instead of the ‘The’ as I am not a ‘The’ yet.
It took me a lot of years to finally leap towards the ‘blogosphere’. And there is really a ‘force’ that somehow pushed me to dive! That is this quote from Maya Angelou that I cited in my very first post titled Agony.
But of course… after more than two years of blogging and one year of creative writing, there are some awesome UPDATES which include:
- I am now back doing dVerse prompts and Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers. 🙂 (Trying to sneak in some time as much as possible because I miss you.)
- My debut book I have been talking about last year is done with the final edits. Now… I am working on the cover (which is a challenge. -_-)
- I am now on Instagram @areadingwriter (and I confess I am mooore active there now because it is more mobile-friendly. :()
- And speaking of Instagram.. I am currently hosting a giveaway there. (mechanics are found below)
- … and the chapbook’s cover is…
So there! 😀 Till my next update guys! Much love! ❤