Sways with the soft wind
produces new leaves,
bears flower and fruits
stands firm on its roots.
With changing seasons,
it breathes with reasons.
Photo credit: Unsplash
In response to OctPoWriMo 2016 by Morgan Dragonwillow‘s Day 19.
The Tableau is an invented stanzaic form that paints a single image in keeping with the name of the form, tableau meaning picture. Created by Emily Romano who suggests the word “tableau” be included in the title. The Tableau is:
- stanzaic, written in any number of sixains.
- syllabic, 5 syllable lines.
- rhyme at the discretion of the poet.
- written describing a single image.
- written with a title that includes the word “tableau”.