sunset and sunrise,
have inspired poets,
But they cannot
beat you, darling
for musing my mind.
Photo credit: Unsplash
In response to OctPoWriMo 2016 by Morgan Dragonwillow‘s Day 17.
Shanzi is an invented verse form created by Andreas Gripp of London Ontario and found on Lawrencealot’s blog. The form is a kind of expanded haiku.
The Shanzi is:
- A verse form written in 7 lines, 2 uneven couplets followed by a tercet,
- Syllabic, 4-5 / 5-4 / 4-4-5 syllables per line.
- Constructed with:
- L1-L2 Introduce the subject
- L3-L4 “amplifies” the image or subject.
- L5-L7 provide a parallel image to inspire meditation.
- Title at the discretion of the poet.