Serene Sea: A Senryu*
you’re a serene sea,
sometimes your screams sink me, yet
always, you save me.
©2016 Rosemawrites@A Reading Writer. All Rights Reserved.
Photo credit: Charlie Harutaka
If you want to join (it’s not too late and it is surely fun), here are the simple rules:
- Write three lines inspired by the photo prompt.
- Link back to this post.
- Tag your post with 3LineTales (so we can find you in the Reader).
- Read and comment on other TLT participants’ lines.
- Have fun.
The Senryu is:
- a poem in 3 lines or less.
- syllabic, 17 syllables or less.
- commonly written in 3 lines but can be written in 2 lines and can be written with fewer syllables, never more.
- L1 5 syllables describes image.
- L2 7 syllables, adds conflicting image or expands first image
- L3 5 syllables provides insight (the ah ha! moment)through a juxtaposed image.
- written as a natural human experience in language that is simple, humorous, sometimes bawdy or vulgar.
- presented with an energy or liveliness in the focus and choice of words
- often humorous
- written in the moment.
- an imagist poem (draws the humor from the image)
- untitled but can be #ed.