Don’t say you CAN’T until you give it a try. – rosemawrites
This is the greatest lesson that I have learned from WRITING 101.
A Reading Writer has been in the blogosphere for more than a year now. Its tagline is “I write because I read. I read because I write.” But honestly, its content is really just about my ‘reads’.
I only write book reviews, travel notes, concert experience, and some personal thoughts but I haven’t written any fiction for this blog, ever.
Until I signed-up for Writing 101.
Knowing that I CAN write fiction is indeed a reward that I am glad to receive but it doesn’t end there.
My ever sweet co-bloggers and writers actually LOVED them! I have received heartwarming and encouraging comments that helped my confidence a lot.
Specifically, I wanted to thank these writers for featuring my posts on their equally awesome blogs:
(These are the blogs that linked to my post as of this moment. If I missed yours, please do tell me.)
- Simply Marquessa – she’s a great writer but I admire that she blogs not for the followers but for herself. 🙂 May it be fictions or anecdotes, you will surely enjoy it!
- Scribbles@ Arpita – her short stories will touch you emotionally and her non-fiction write-ups are brave and moving, too! Personally, I consider her as one of my best buddies in Writing 101! This experience will not be as fun as it has been without our exchange of words! She’s inspiring as a writer and as a person!
- Thistles and Whistles – our shared love for books (we are doing the same 2015 reding challenge) and her inspiring words makes her a must-read writer/blogger. Her comments also never fail to melt my heart. 🙂 She is just so lovable. 🙂
- Short Story Press – as her name suggests, she is a genius in writing super short stories! So if you are a fan of flash fictions, visit her now!
- Geekergosum – I envy his sooo many physical books but as a writer he is indeed interesting. You will also admire his love for his fambam!
- Staying the Course – his blog has a great balance of long and short posts but I love his ‘sense’ the most!
- Edwina Episodes – she is such a sweet lady who never forgets to express her gratitude. Aside from that, her blog is packed with positive and sometimes witty posts. She’s also not selfish in terms of commenting on your work. She’s honest and heartfelt. 🙂
- Tummeeffeii – the last but definitely not the least! She’s a co-Filipina that I am really proud of because she can definitely write but what I admire the most is her diversity! She can be witty or creepy or cheest! She can make you laugh and she can make you cry. So… yeah, just visit her!
Aside from them, I really wanted to feature more co-Writing 101-ers who have been vocal on critiquing and commenting on my posts! Your words are like lights that have guided me in creating posts everyday! (NOTE: For those I will not be able to mention, I am so sorry but really you are ALL part of my Writing 101 journey!)
- What the Woman Wrote – Since the first day up to the last, Annie has been one of my best (virtual) friend. 🙂 This experience would never be complete without our exchange of comments. As a writer, she’s somehow one of those I look up to because she can make me cry and she can make me laugh. But most of all, I admire her as a person. She’s brave, honest, and true. 🙂
- A Cooking Pot and Twisted Tales – Jacq’s consistent encouraging words is one of the reasons why I finished this course! Our exchanges are full of sense and sometimes quirky, too! In terms of writing, she has the ability to tug your heart. 🙂 Really. You will also love her lovely family!
- Kat Blogs – Here is another awesome Filipina that I found in Writing 101, and I am really glad that I did find her! 🙂 I can relate a lot to her, weight issues is one of our common denominator, but most of all she’s really friendly! 🙂 Her blog is packed with inspiring pieces and health-related tips that everyone would enjoy reading! 🙂
- StrangeLander 2015 – Oh, Vijaya! I just love her stories. She’s great in both short fictions and long ones. Her poems are also emotionally moving! 🙂 Aside from that, she’s honest. When she cannot write, she says it. That’s why her stories and posts are full of honesty and heart, too! 🙂
- My Own Private Idaho – Here’s another Filipina that I like to talk to because she’s straightforward and kind at the same time. 🙂 I am also touched how she remembers my anecdote about my dad! 😀 Her blog has nonfiction tales that will really grip you once you begin reading them! You will also love her photos!
- Indira’s Blog – Indira is one of the best poet that I have read in Writing 101! 🙂 I admire how she can incorporate powerful emotions in her pieces. 🙂 She’s sweet, too!
- A Lady and Gaming Plus – I like Yvo as a writer because she can write interesting posts about gaming! I am not a gamer but because she writes it well, I read it! 🙂 And, she’s really cool!
- A Typical 60 – Oh, Catherine! This woman can make you laugh, A LOT! Like really! Her wit is just so contagious. 😀
- La Duchesse d’Erat – She is a great writer who writes both in French and in English. Your interests will surely be piqued by her amazing stories. We have exchanged a lot of thought-provoking comments as well but I owe my website traffic to her because she told me how my true website is not linked to my profile. 🙂 I will forever thank her for that.
- Anand’s Parodies and Caricatures – Oh, Anand. I just love his so exquisite and interesting family. His wifey and his mom is my favorite! 😀 May he have moooore patience. 😀
- Blabberwockying – Here is another Anand (I think they are two different people. I hope I am right. :)). I just like how he comments on my posts even though some are not really part of Writing 101. Go visit his blog because it is packed with diverse and well-researched topics!
These last two are I think the most special persons that I have known through Writing 101! My journey and my stories will not be the same without them,
- I Care U Care Blog – Seasons (Finale) is written because of Fun Simplicity. 🙂 I thought of her as I write the ending of my short story. 🙂 She’s my driving force. I wanted to end the story in a way that will satisfy her because she is just my ideal reader. 🙂 Aside from that, she is an awesome writer, too! I Read her fictions and you will surely follow her! Just like what I always tell her, she’s a natural! 🙂
- A Real Messy Beautiful Twisted Sunshine – Here’s some hugs from the Philippines to Suriname! She is, I think, my ultimate (virtual) friend in Writing 101. We are both Filipina, that’s a factor but it is actually more than that. I am a fan of her writing skills. She can creep the hell out of you, she can make you smile, she can make you ‘kilig’ and so many more. She’s just a writer/blogger worth following! 🙂 I love our exchanges of thoughts and I will be forever grateful to Writing 101 because I have known her through this course. 🙂
So.. I think I have talked a lot now but I am still not able to answer the task for today.
Here my TO-DO’s for the coming months:
- To accomplish the Highschool Stereotypes Tag by Book Coma Blog. (Yay, better late than never!)
- To post my thank you’s for the Versatile Blogger Award from Thistles and Whistles and Infinity Dreams Award from Yvo! I hope to post it sooonest! 😀
- To participate in 3-Day Quote Challenge as nominated by Edwina! I know I said I will do this week but I think I have to move that! 😀 Sorry, Edwina!
- To join Music Monday Challenge as seen on Kat’s Blog. Because I already have Monday Musings for Monday, I am thinking of another weekly feature inspired by this challenge. I would call it “Thursday Tunes”. (It will be awesome if you will join me guys!)
- To create a new blog feature titled “Friday Fictions”. I am still afraid to take this big leap because I am not sure if I can write one fiction per week. 🙂 Buy anyone who would want to join or collaborate with me? 🙂
- Lastly, I am really looking/thinking for blog memes for Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. To my dearest bloggers/writers, can we collaborate about these? 😀 Please?
So this is the last time that I will write this…
In response to Blogging University’s WRITING 101 Day 20 Assignment:
Day 20: The future
Congratulations! It’s the final day of Writing 101. We hope these prompts have encouraged you to brainstorm and write in new ways and introduced you to new tools and resources.
As we wind down the course, let’s look forward. What’s next?
That was it. 😀
I learned a lot.
I have written a lot.
I have known a lot.
I have enjoyed this a lot.
And I am looking forward to more collaborations with you, my fellow bloggers!
Let’s continue this!
Lot of blog-love,